Visitors to a site using cookies must receive information regarding:
• The fact that the site contains cookies
• What these cookies are used for
• Who uses the information
• How cookies can be avoided
What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are small text files which are sent to and stored on your device (mobile phone, computer or tablet). Some of the cookies are necessary to enable you to use the site’s full functionality, while others are used in order to improve your user experience and facilitate navigation on the site. There are two types of cookies: Permanent and temporary (so-called session cookies). Permanent cookies are saved as a file on your device for a longer period of time in order to customize the site according to your wishes, selections and interests. They are used, for example, in connection with functions that tell you what is new since you last visited the site. When the expiration date is exceeded, the cookie is deleted when you return to the site that created it. Session cookies are placed temporarily on your computer when you visit the site, and are sent between your computer and the server during the time you visit the site and are deleted when you close your browser. These cookies are used, for example, to keep track of what language you have selected.
Some examples of what cookies can be used for:
• When you log onto a site a cookie is placed on your computer. In connection with each page change, your computer sends a cookie to the site you are visiting and, using the cookie, the site can determine that you are logged in and you avoid having to provide a username and password for each new page.
• When you want to tailor sites to your preferences. These preferences may concern the design on a site you visit often, customized contrast or font size, or customized sorting or selections.
• On sites that sell services, cookies are used to facilitate bookings or orders.
• Registering which people have visited which pages on a site. This information can then be used to choose the right advertisement or otherwise tailoring the pages the user may view. Many cookies used for advertising and tailoring content are third-party cookies.
• Monitoring the traffic through statistics to improve the site and learn more about different target groups. Many cookies used for statistics are third-party cookies.
• Keeping track of selected language, booking codes or membership levels.
Different types of cookies
• Required: These are necessary for certain functions to work. This may be the case, for example, in order to identify and authenticate the user in connection with logging into our site and in connection with payment. If you refuse to accept these cookies, you will not be able to use the relevant functionality.
• Presentation and function: These cookies make your use of the site easier and more personal, for example, by customizing information and offers to things in which you have previously shown interest. These cookies are also used to collect information (e.g. popular pages and user patterns) regarding our site’s visitors’ use of the site so that Our site can improve the site and our site’s digital services. If you refuse to accept these cookies, the functionality of our site’s digital services will be limited.
• Promotion: These cookies are often third-party cookies, i.e. they are not used by our site but by one of our site’s partners. These cookies use information regarding your use of our site’s site and other parties’ sites, for example, sites you visit or advertisements you respond to, in order to subsequently provide advertisements which are more suited to you, both on our site’s site and other parties’ sites. These advertisements are called «interest-based ads» since the purpose is for you to only need to view advertisements which suit your interests. If you refuse to accept these cookies, you risk decreasing the level of your user experience.
If you wish to avoid cookies
Changes to our cookies
The cookies that our site uses and the changes made by our site are only stated through our site’s updates of the table set forth below. Thus, we suggest that you check the table each time you visit the site.
Cookies used by our site
Our site’s digital services collect and store information using technology from various measuring tools. The information can be used to create profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose. We also use third party cookies, mainly for measuring traffic and/or determine which digital service you last visited.