Norefjell Ski & Spa - How does Covid-19 impact the hotel
We follow all recommendations, advice and rules given by the Norwegian government in terms of Covid-19. We are always updated and do all the necessary measures.
BEFORE THE STAY
To give you a safe stay we are doing several measures at the hotel. However if you are not feeling well, please stay home. You are most welcome back to our hotel when you don't have any symptoms.
WHILE YOU ARE STAYING AT THE HOTEL
- It is mendatory for our guests to wear a face mask if they can not keep at least two meter distance to each other. Employees that have direct contact with guests wear a face mask.
- Our guests and employees are our biggest priority. This means that we will clean your hotel room once you have checked out. If you will be staying with us for a longer period of time cleaning will be planned directly with the reception or house keeping.
- We regularly clean our hands and use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is available several places throughout the hotel.
- We regularly clean common areas and contact surfaces.
- We keep at least one meter distance from each other.
- We always try to form as small a queue as possible, areas with queues is marked up with one meter markings.
- We have introduced time slots for the breakfast to minimize the amount of guests and queues.
- We have introduced restrictions for the amount of guests that can use Wellness Spa, the swimming pool and the gym.
- We will inform you about our routines if you want more information.
- We will stay home if we are not feeling well and encourage you to do the same.
- Nordic Choice Hotels follow the restrictions and advice given by the authorities to minimize the spread of Covid-19 and do our utmost to ensure that it is safe for you as a guest to stay with us.
For more information see these links nordicchoicehotels.no/informasjon-om-sikkerhetsrutiner / nordichotels.com/stay-safe
Norefjell Ski Resort - How does Covid-19 impact the ski resort?
We have started working with infection control measures and changes for the upcoming ski season. In cooperation with Alpinaleggenes Landsforening (ALF), FHI and the authorities we will try our best to explain how we are going to make this ski season as safe as possible.
We will do everything we can to make this ski season fell as regular as possible, but it is extremely important that all of our guests follow the advices that have been given and will come up in the near future.
Below is the main rules for the ski resort. We like to point out that these rules won't be very visible in the ski resort at the start of the season and that they will be subject to changes in line with national directives.
THE MAIN RULES
It is very important that you take a stand on the following questions:
- Am I not feeling well?
- Am I in quarantine?
If your answer to one of those questions is yes you are not allowed to visit our ski resort.
If not here are the rules we want you to follow:
- Good hand hygiene.
- Keep at least one meter distance to other guests and staff at all times.
If you experience symptoms or become ill while visiting our ski resort follow these rules:
- Please travel home as quickly as possible.
- Stay outside or in a private room if possible.
- Do not use public transportation.
- Cover your mouth and nose and keep at lease two meter distance.
- To minimize queues we recommend that you buy your ski pass online through our website or app.
- You can fill up a Keycard that you already have. If you do not have a Keycard you can buy this on our ski shops or at Norefjell Ski & Spa. You can also buy a Keycard online and pick it up from one of our pick-up boxes in the ski resort.
- There will be open hatches where you usually buy ski passes, but these will mainly be open to assist if you need help. When purchasing a ski pass, all guests are informed that they must follow the infection control measures and that they must not be present in the area in the event of symptoms of a respiratory infection.
- Violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the site.
- If you have any problems or need help regarding this you are most welcome to contact our ski shops at Skistua or Norefjell Ski & Spa. You can also sen a mail to [email protected]
THE SKI LIFT
We do not know for sure if there will be any regulations regarding the ski lift for the coming ski season, but we are working on a solution.
We recommend everyone to do the following:
- Use the ski lift with the same people that you are traveling with.
- Keep distance to people in the ski lift and generally in the ski resort.
What do we do to help our guests?
- Measures that reduce physical contact with other people.
- We will not fill up the ski lifts actively.
- Remove the single queue.
- We are looking into measures for spreading the traffic in the ski resort to make use of the capacity and the space of the resort.
Our ski school and ski courses will be open this ski season, but there will be some limitations and measures due to the situation we are in. The size of groups will be limited to make it possible to maintain distance.
It will be possible to book ski school and ski courses directly in our ski shops, but we recommend that you do it online.
Our ski school follow these rules:
- Children that are feeling ill will not participate.
- Keep one meter distance to each other.
- Only one adult will be allowed to follow their child to the meeting point.
- Meet up early to make sure that organization and distance will be easier to handle.
- Ensure that you are using proper clothing and have your own gloves and goggles.
It is possible to rent skis and snowboard and we recommend that you pre book your equipment. When you book equipment it will be prepared for pick up at either Skistua or Norefjell Ski & Spa. It will be possible to change the equipment you have booked. If you are not able to book equipment through our website we will of course help you in one of our ski shops.
This is what the ski rental does to ensure your safety:
- Posters and stickers with clear information.
- Helmets and equipment will be disinfected after use.
Both of our ski shops will be open. The ski shops are located at Skistua and Norefjell Ski & Spa. Our ski shops encourage you to do the following:
- Ask our staff before you try on clothes and so on.
- Keep one meter distance.
This is what our ski shops do to ensure your safety:
- Posters and stickers with clear information.
- Regularly cleaning of surfaces and terminals.
Only debit- and credit cards will be accepted in our ski shops.
Our cafés will be open as usual, but they will have reduced capacity. The cafés will follow strict rules for cleaning and disinfection.
- Follow instructions on email about key pick up.
- Let us know if you feel ill or if there is anything else we should know about.
This is what we do:
- We have more strict rules for cleaning and follow the rules given by the authorities.
- We regularly disinfect points of contact such as door handles, toilets and remotes.
- All of our cabins/apartments will be equipped with hand sanitizer.
We follow the guidelines from Alpinaleggenes Landsforening (ALF)
You can find our updated opening hours here
You can find our updated booking policy here